Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8D Lens


Bought this 50mm lens shortly after getting the Nikon D70s which comes with the Nikon 18-70mm F3.5-4.5ED AFS DX a.k.a "kit lens". At a price of less than RM400-00 it was a steal! Light & sharp and with a wide aperture of 1.8, the lens is useful for portraits, low-light situations & for travel. The new D-type lens design provides distance information for flash and ambient light exposure. In fact, my first SLR was the Nikon EM which I bought way back after getting my first paycheck. The EM was an entry level SLR and came with an E series 50mm lens. In those days the EM already had light metering options. However, manual controls were limited & it came with aperture priority shooting mode. Flash speed at 1/90 & there was the bulb option for longer exposures. The EM had served well in the film days & I had the opportunity to cover a couple of wedding assignments for my colleagues.

No comments: