Saturday, October 15, 2005

Tong Ah Wanton Noodles

Trips back to Taiping has always been to look up old favourite food. Tong Ah is an old stall in Taiping located quite near to the market. I remember my late grandma used to insist that her wanton noodles must be from this stall. The proprietor has surely been at it for more than 30 years. Lai Ping was not satisfied with the noodles at Pun Chun (at a stopover in Bidor) which are frequently inconsistent in taste. Of course, the best in Taiping was from Tai Chien coffeeshop but it's not available anymore since the proprietor has passed on. Tong Ah's noodles has that springy texture but the sauce could do with some improvement.

Lady minding the stall for more than 30 years


Wanton noodles Taiping style

1 comment:

Polly-Pocket said...

Hey, I remember Tai Chien coffeeshop. I use to go there for breakfast with my family when we were back in Taiping. It is so sad to hear that they are no longer there.