Sunday, September 25, 2005

Berjaya Times Square

Favourite pastime in Malaysia? Shopping & eating. Preferably in air-conditioned environment. First time stepping into Times Square. Went for the 3D movie Bugs! at the 1st IMAX theatre here in KL. Lunch at Long John Silver as Poh Yee & Kah Choon had to fuel up on fries... Later they went to Cosmo's World, an indoor theme park for the roller coaster rides. The more sedate folks went for a coffee fix at Starbucks.



Indoor theme park Cosmo's World



Grilled fish in black pepper sauce at Long John Silver

4 comments:

Chan Kok Kuen said...

I don't enjoy going to Times Square The place is very very big. As compared with other malls like Suria KLCC, The Curve and your favourite hang-out 1-Utama, there isn't an attractive shop where I can spend my time longer. Fashion shops, jewelery shops are not my taste.

Actually, you can feel whether a mall suits your needs once you have a test drive in it.

My favourite malls are Suria KLCC, not to mention Low Yat Plaza, Sungai Wang (which I started visting he place during my teens). 1-Utama is cool with me but it's a bit too far from where I am staying. Mid-Valley is nice initially but don't go there during the weekend, getting to the car park is a hasle if you arrive there after 10.30 a.m.

Ever try, Alamanda in Putrajaya? I have but I won't write my comments until you have visited it.

Lye Hock said...

You're right. TS isn't my cup of tea either. But the Borders bookshop is impressive! And they have Starbucks next door... Alamanda? Have not ventured that direction yet.

Polly-Pocket said...

Alright, you boys. You seem to know your malls pretty well. Every so often when I venture back to KL, there's a new mall somewhere in some neighborhood. And I've no idea which is which. I really need to get in touch with you guys when I'm in town. It gets a little old after going to KLCC and 1-Utama for like the 10th times.

Maybe you should start a blog on "Which Mall To Visit" when you are in KL.

Lye Hock said...

The idea is to go to yr own neighborhood mall. So there'll be less traffic congestion on the roads. Best malls in the KL? KLCC, 1U & Mid-Valley, I suppose.